Friday, January 8, 2010

The Big Easy

New Orleans has quickly become one of my favorite cities. I was there over the new years break and had the time of my life. Amazing dinners at Galatoire's and Pascal Manale's and a lovely brunch at the famous Commander's Palace. At Pascal Manale's Thomas "Uptown T" is a legend at their oyster bar. I was there last April during Jazz fest and when I saw him on New Years eve he remembered me! How sweet.


On Magazine street was a consignment store called The Funky Monkey. I thought nothing of it as I was dragged inside but after combing through the racks I found some interesting things, a dress from Tibi and Marchesa Notte. I walked out with the Marchesa for $54. Imagine! I will post photos when I wear it to an upcoming wedding this March.
Also on Magazine street I discovered a shop named Retro Active that has wonderful antiques and vintage furs, belts, bags, hats and so much more. This is the vintage Whiting and Davis purse that I bought. I think its such a sophisticated and polished addition to my my wardrobe.
Finally I ABSOLUTELY fell in love with this house (I tend to fall in love with houses when I am walking around the Garden District.) Dare to dream that one day it will be wrapped in a bow and presented to me like Steve Martin did in an old movie called "The Housesitter." It is for sale. Someone informed me that it is the house that was in Benjamin Button. I need to watch that movie ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment